Frank Daily is a retired senior partner with Quarles & Brady. He has specialized in the trial of major product liability cases, and is a leader in the Firm’s national Product Liability Practice Group.
Mr. Daily attended the University of Iowa and is a cum laude
graduate of Marquette University. He also attended Marquette University Law School where he served as an Editor of the Marquette Law Review
. He is a Fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and has represented numerous manufacturers on a regional and national basis. He has tried numerous product liability jury cases representing both plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
Mr. Daily has lectured extensively on product liability law and trial practice subjects at Marquette, Wisconsin and Harvard Law Schools, and is past president of the Marquette University Law Alumni Association. He is a member of the Circle of Champions at the University of Alabama and has been a member of the Executive Committee of the President’s Councils at Marquette University and Wake Forest University, where he also served on the Law School Board of Visitors. He is a former co-chairperson of the Discovery Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association, and has participated in numerous seminars on product liability and trial techniques sponsored by the ABA and various state bar associations across the country.
He is a sustaining member of the Product Liability Advisory Council and a life sustaining member of the American Law Institute. He is listed in Who’s Who in America
, Who’s Who in American Law
, the International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers
and The Best Lawyers in America
- Founder and former head of the Firm's nationally recognized and acclaimed product liability trial practice.
- Forty-four years of experience with more than 125 jury trials in state and federal courts throughout much of the United States.
- Represented manufacturers of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products, forestry equipment, construction equipment, automobiles, forklifts, jet skis, motorcycles, industrial products and various consumer products in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Successful representation of both corporate and individual plaintiffs in commercial and personal injury cases in a wide and varied number of jurisdictions.
- Successfully argued the appeal in Mackenzie v. Miller Brewing Company in both the Court of Appeals and Wisconsin Supreme Court, achieving the reversal of a $30-plus million verdict against Miller Brewing Company.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1968)
Alpha Sigma Nu. Delta Theta Phi. Marquette Law Review, Editor, 1967-1968. Marquette University Law Alumnus of the Year, 2000.
- Marquette University (A.B., cum laude, 1964)
U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1990
U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1990
U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1985
U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 1985
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1977
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1971
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1968
Wisconsin Supreme Court, 1968
Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation Class of 2013.
Listed in Who's Who In America
; Who's Who In American Law
; Brother Rice High School (Chicago) Man of the Year Award, 2000; International Who's Who
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(1993-2009: Mass Tort Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Product Liability Litigation).
Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2010 Wisconsin Super Lawyers®
lists (Personal Injury Defense: Products).
Peer Review Rated.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Product Liability Advisory Council (Sustaining Member).
- Milwaukee Bar Association.
- Federal Bar Association.
- American Bar Association (Former Vice Chairman, Products, General Liability and Consumer Law Committee, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, 1984; Former Member, Litigation Section, Co-chairperson of the Discovery Committee, 1985-1987; Manufacturers Liability Sub-Committee of Litigation Section, 1983).
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member, Litigation and Environmental Law Sections).
- Bar Association of the Seventh Federal Circuit.
- Defense Research Institute.
- American Law Institute.
- President's Council of Marquette University (Former Director).
- Marquette University Law Alumni Association (Former President, 1977-1978).
- Marquette University (Alumni Board).
- National I-Club - University of Iowa.
- University of Alabama (Circle of Champions).
- Board of Trustees, Farrah Law Society University of Alabama Law School.
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (Fellow).
- American Association for Automotive Medicine (Lifetime Fellow).
- Court Commissioner, Circuit Court of Milwaukee County.