Gavin Milczarek-Desai’s practice emphasizes national and international patent prosecution and trademark law. His experience includes:
- Current representation of biotechnology clients in patent prosecution, licensing, negotiation and related intellectual property counseling.
- Ongoing representation of an international agrochemical company in the procurement of trademark protection and in the maintenance of its worldwide registered-trademark portfolio.
- Representation of clients in patent and trademark matters covering a wide variety of products and technologies, ranging from microbial fuel cells to thin-film photovoltaics.
- Former graduate research associate at the Arizona Cancer Center; extensive technical knowledge of complex chemical, molecular and genetic technologies used in research, clinical, and agricultural applications.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- University of Arizona (Ph.D., 1997)
Degree: Molecular and Cellular Biology. Sigma Xi (Grant Recipient).
- Bard College (B.A., 1991)
Degree: Biology. Kellner Scholar. Bard Research Fellowship.
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2001
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2001
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2001
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
Peer Review Rated
Named one of eight Inside Tucson Business “Up and Comers” for 2008.
Named by Tucson Business Edge to Tucson’s "Forty Under 40".
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property Section).
- Pima County Bar Association (Member).
- Arizona Bar Association (Former Co-chair, Solo and Small Firms Section, Southern Arizona Branch, 2002 & 2003).
- University of Arizona James E. Rodgers School of Law (Adjunct Professor 2011).
- University of Arizona College of Mining and Engineering (Adjunct Lecturer 2007-present).