As part of our far-reaching assistance on energy issues and projects, we effectively represent clients that:
- Participate in contested proceedings before state, regional, and federal regulatory commissions.
- Develop and implement legislative strategies.
- Identify strategic partners and contacts.
- Foresee, define, and manage political, economic, and financial risks.
- Forecast and defend against adverse action by regulatory agencies and intervenors.
- Interact with local utility companies.
- Establish ties with policy makers and regulators.
Our work includes:
- Representing a coalition of large industrial and institutional customers opposing a request to increase electric rates to owners of onsite generation by over $300 million annually.
- Representing two non-profit energy cooperatives in advocating for legislation modifications to facilitate service territory expansions and acquisitions of substantial new assets.
- Representing a developer in advocating for multiple rounds of legislative modifications to facilitate the development of a major cutting-edge technology Clean Coal plant.
- Prosecuting contested cases on behalf of brewing and paper industry clients challenging water and sewerage rates.