Greg Sitrick is an intellectual property attorney who is both a businessman and litigator as well as an advisor and technician. He helps clients prioritize their needs and figure out an overall game plan for their IP, rather than simply covering the legal aspects of IP prosecution and enforcement. Greg counsels his clients on what to accomplish first, what to hold back for the time being, how to allocate resources, and how to build IP plans for the long term. When clients need to litigate, Greg is an equally reliable resource. His combination of business sense and litigation skills makes him an excellent partner for any client whose IP represents its greatest assets.
From day to day, Greg assists his clients with all aspects of intellectual property-related rights, from procurement, enforcement, and maintenance of patents, trademarks, and copyrights to protection, enforcement, or defense against infringement, trade dress, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and unfair trade practices. He develops creative solutions so that his clients can obtain, license, protect, and enforce patent- and intellectual property-related rights.
Before attending law school, Greg earned a degree in Electrical Engineering and then worked for Intelligent Resources Integrated Systems, U.S. Robotics/3COM, and MPC Products Corporation — he has hands-on experience with video technology, including green-screen technologies and MPEG authoring technologies; communications technology, including modems and communication devices; and aeronautical/aerospace engineering technologies, such as components and systems for fighter jets, space shuttles, commercial aircraft, military helicopters, tanks, and GPS-guided bombs. As an electrical engineer, he prosecuted patents on behalf of his employers even before he became an attorney; in fact, he is a named inventor on a patent himself — that’s why he has a personal fascination with inventions as well as a passion for protecting the intellectual property of inventors.
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- False Advertising & Lanham Act
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Direct Sales Industry
- Inter Partes Review Proceedings
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Northern Arizona University (B.S.E.E., 2000)
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (Member)
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (Member; Chairman of 2004 and 2005 Field Day Events)
- Extern to the Honorable Ronald A. Guzman
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Assistant Coach, Men's Varsity Club Hockey Team (2003–2009)
- Named a 2014 BTI Client Service All-Star by The BTI Consulting Group, Inc.