Haar Katta is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group.
He has experience with drafting claims, petitions, and opinions on appeals. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a law clerk for the Hon. Henry T. Wingate, U.S. District Court Judge for the Southern District of Mississippi. Mr. Katta also served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Harry D. Leinenweber, U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Illinois, and was a summer associate for the Roderick and Solance MacArthur Justice Center.
His recent experience includes:
- Representation of a patent owner seeking injunctive relief to bar an infringing party’s use of its patented technology.
- Representation of a patent owner seeking to establish the validity of its patents in an Inter Partes Review proceeding.
- Representation of a party in a copyright infringement dispute.
- Representation of a company in a trademark opposition procedure.
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy (Executive Articles Editor)
- Oberlin College (B.A., 2008)
- Wisconsin (pending)