Health Care Reform
The Quarles & Brady team has extensively analyzed the health care decision and summarized the case. Click here for a summary of the analysis.
Quarles & Brady’s Government Relations Team Is Ready to Assist Clients and Policymakers in Reforming America’s Healthcare System
Quarles & Brady’s Government Relations Team stands ready to assist clients and elected officials develop policies and procedures in response to the Supreme Court decision.
Quarles & Brady’s team takes an aggressive approach to accomplishing a client’s objectives at the local, state or national level. We also do it within a strict commitment to ethics in government and playing by the book. Because we are lawyers — as well as lobbyists and government relations advisors — clients have the security of knowing that we fully comprehend the legal and ethical considerations that pervade the business of legislative advocacy, and adhere to both the letter and the spirit of the law.
Our services to clients in the area of government relations include:
- Representation on legislation and administrative rule making before all state agencies.
- Strategic planning to define and advance client regulatory and legislative agendas in light of business objectives.
- Maintaining access to and close relationships with key public policy makers.
- Developing proposals and grants to receive government funding for healthcare projects and programs.
- Obtaining necessary regulatory approvals, licenses and permits to provide medical care on a timely basis.
We look forward to assisting you understand the Supreme Court’s ruling and monitoring as well as impacting the governmental activities that follow this historic ruling.
To view the complete text of the June 28, 2012 Supreme Court opinion on the Affordable Care Act, please click here.
For more information on how our Health Care Reform Team can assist you, please contact Sarah Coyne, Health Care, at (608) 283-2435; William Toman, Insurance, at (608) 283-2434; Thomas Hart, Government Relations at (202) 372-9511; John Barlament, Employee Benefits, (414) 277-5727; John Barry, Tax, (414) 277-5825; Mike Fischer, Labor & Employment, at (414) 277-5639 or your local Quarles & Brady attorney.