Hector J. Diaz practices in the area of white collar crime/special matters. He has extensive jury, non-jury experience in white collar and criminal defense matters. Mr. Diaz has significant experience in handling internal investigations related to alleged corporate and tribal government misconduct. He previously served as a Deputy Public Defender with the Maricopa County Public Defender's Office. Mr. Diaz's recent experience includes:
- Defense of government and city officials involving criminal and civil litigation.
- Defense of medical professionals, including both administrative and criminal litigation.
- Defense of business-related fraud and embezzlement.
- Defense of individuals charged with drug offenses.
- Defense of aggravated assault.
- Felony and misdemeanor domestic violence offenses.
- Defense of homicide and sex offenses.
- Defense of vehicular offenses; misdemeanor and felony DUI/manslaughter offenses.
- Defense of students facing expulsion for alleged disciplinary infractions.
- Defense of professional and collegiate athletes involving both civil and criminal litigation.
- Defense of individuals charged with Internet crimes.
- Victim representation involving theft and employee criminal misconduct.
- Internal investigations related to corporate and tribal government misconduct.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Arizona State University (B.S., cum laude, 1995)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
Professional and Civic Activities
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Los Abogados (Member)
- Capitol Elementary School (Homeroom Parent)