Hector J. Diaz practices in the area of white collar crime/special matters. He has extensive jury, non-jury experience in white collar and criminal defense matters. Mr. Diaz has significant experience in handling internal investigations related to alleged corporate and tribal government misconduct. He previously served as a Deputy Public Defender with the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office. Mr. Diaz’s recent experience includes:
- Defense of government and city officials involving criminal and civil litigation.
- Defense of medical professionals, including both administrative and criminal litigation.
- Defense of business-related fraud and embezzlement.
- Defense of individuals charged with drug offenses.
- Defense of aggravated assault.
- Felony and misdemeanor domestic violence offenses.
- Defense of homicide and sex offenses.
- Defense of vehicular offenses; misdemeanor and felony DUI/manslaughter offenses.
- Defense of students facing expulsion for alleged disciplinary infractions.
- Defense of professional and collegiate athletes involving both civil and criminal litigation.
- Defense of individuals charged with Internet crimes.
- Victim representation involving theft and employee criminal misconduct.
- Internal investigations related to corporate and tribal government misconduct.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Arizona State University (B.S., cum laude, 1995)
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2006
Professional and Civic Activities
Maricopa County Bar Association (Member).
Los Abogados (Member).
Capitol Elementary School (Homeroom Parent).