Hillary Wucherer uses her background as a mechanical design engineer to better understand her clients' technologies and create informed strategies for managing their trademark portfolios. A member of the firm's Intellectual property group, she focuses her practice on trademark law. She counsels clients on a variety of issues, including clearing and registering trademarks in the United States and around the world.
Ms. Wucherer represents clients in trademark oppositions and cancellations and also counsels clients on copyright, licensing, marketing, promotions, domain name, and social media issues. Her recent experience includes:
- Assisting clients with trademark and copyright clearance and registration around the world;
- Enforcing clients' trademarks and copyrights against infringing uses on various social media platforms;
- Representing clients in domain disputes and in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) and .au Dispute Resolution Policy (auDRP) proceedings before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- Counseling clients regarding the structuring of sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and coupons for distribution through traditional and social media channels.
Before law school, Ms. Wucherer worked as a mechanical design engineer for three years. During her career, she worked at two consumer product manufacturing facilities and gained experience in the areas of component and assembly design.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- Marquette Law Review (Member)
- CALI Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law (2006) and Trial Advocacy I (2008)
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition Moot Court Team (Member, 2008)
- Moot Court Association (Associate Justice for National Competitions, 2007–2008)
- Purdue University (B.S., 2002)
- Outstanding Senior in the School of Mechanical Engineering (2002)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2009
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- International Trademark Association (Member)
- U.S. Legislation & Regulation Subcommittee (Member)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)