Ilene Slate's practice experience includes the representation of numerous corporations, real estate developers, pension fund clients, REITs, lenders, and borrowers in the acquisition, disposition, development, management, and financing of commercial, industrial, and residential properties across the nation. Among her accomplishments, Ms. Slate has
- Assisted a national REIT borrow over $100 million in securitized loans, with residential apartment complexes as collateral.
- Assisted a public pension fund acquire property valued in excess of $23 million in Los Angeles, California. Handled all environmental, easement, and zoning issues for the 67-acre purchase.
- Represented a public pension fund in the $50 million acquisition of 83 commercial properties located in Arizona. Handled all title, survey, and intricate leasing issues related to the acquisition.
- Represented a real estate company in its acquisition of numerous properties out of bankruptcy.
- Represented a national pension fund in the acquisition of major shopping centers.
- Drafted and negotiated significant leases, amendments, and termination agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants in office buildings, retail developments, and shopping centers throughout the country.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Journal of International Law and Business (Articles Editor)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Illinois (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona State Bar (Member of Real Property Section)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Phoenix Art Museum (Member)