Jim Morrow is a partner in the Arizona offices and is a senior member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. His practice focuses on commercial matters, with an emphasis in lending and real estate. He also has extensive experience in real estate matters sited on Indian reservations and has represented tribes, developers, and lenders in transactions relative to tribal financing. Jim represents national investors and syndicates of financial institutions including REITs, in the acquisition, development, rehabilitation, financing, and disposition of major projects in the western United States, including resorts, office, multifamily, and mixed-use projects of substantial size. Notable recent projects include:
- The Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Numerous multifamily developments in the western United States.
- Financing for the Arizona Coyotes National Hockey League team.
- Time share resorts in Las Vegas and Hawaii.
- Financing of tribal resorts and casinos in Arizona and Wisconsin.
- Currently serving as counsel to one of the largest construction lenders in the United States.
Jim has been a lawyer since 1973. In that time, he has represented investors, developers, and lenders in transactions covering most kinds of real estate, from major office projects to major retail malls to master planned communities. He is admitted to practice in California and Arizona and has an active practice in both locations.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Business Law
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 1973)
- Arizona Law Review (Managing Editor)
- Kansas State University (B.S., 1967)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona Academy (Member)
- Arizona Bar Association (Former Chair, Real Estate Section)
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Arizona Technology Development Corporation (Former Chairman of the Board)
- Arizona Town Hall (Chairman of the Recorders, Three Separate Sessions)
- Catholic Community Services (Former President)
- Palo Verde Hospital, Palo Verde Mental Health Services Organization (Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees)
- Real Estate Advisory Commission of the State Bar of Arizona
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid
- State of Arizona, Board of Legal Specialization (Certified Specialist, Real Estate Law, 1993)
- University of Arizona Alumni Association (Former President)
- University of Arizona Foundation (Chairman of the Board, 1993–1995)
- University of Arizona Intercollegiate Athletic Committee
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2016 Tucson Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named Best Lawyers® 2014 Tucson Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007–2010, 2013–2015 Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (Banking)
- Named Best Lawyers® 2013 Tucson Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named Best Lawyers® 2009 Tucson Banking Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2003–2004, Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1995–present: Banking and Finance Law / Real Estate Law)
- Included in the International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers and has been named to the list of The Best Lawyers in America each year that the list has been published since its inception
- Received "Outstanding Service Award," Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (1982)
- Received "A.L. Slonaker Award for Outstanding Service," University of Arizona Alumni Association (1981)