Jeff Peelen is a partner and national Practice Group Chair in the Public Finance Practice Group of Quarles & Brady LLP. Jeff serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and disclosure counsel to a wide variety of governmental entities and underwriters. Jeff is also Chair of the Firm’s Government Affairs Compliance team, which assists corporations with respect to lobbying, campaign finance, ethics, procurement and anti-corruption matters at the federal level and in all 50 states.
- Serving as bond counsel and advising Wisconsin municipalities with respect to structuring of tax-exempt and taxable debt and revenue financings, including pool financings and structures involving tax credits, including the various Tax Credit Bond Programs Under the Stimulus Act.
- Serving as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel with respect to tax-exempt and taxable financings by Indian tribes for various tribal projects.
- Representing corporations with government affairs and political law compliance issues — as national and regional counsel — for matters including lobbying registration and reporting, political outreach planning, independent expenditures, procurement lobbying and “pay-to-play” compliance, choice of form (PACs, conduits, 501(c)(4)s and section 527 entities), public records disclosure, statements of economic interest, government contract compliance, internal audits and assessments, and enforcement actions.
- Representing national underwriters with securities law matters in a wide variety of financings, including tax-exempt conduit financings for governmental and non-profit borrowers in more than a dozen states.
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 1998)
The Georgetown Law Journal (Editor in Chief, 1997-1998).
- Marquette University (B.S., 1992)
Degrees: Mathematics/Computer Science and English, Phi Beta Kappa.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2010-present: Government Relations Practice / Public Finance Law).
Professional and Civic Activities
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (Former Director).