Mr. Monberg is a member of the firm’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights Group. His practice focuses on representing lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings and in state court matters, such as commercial foreclosures, collections, receiverships, and lender liability cases. He is also experienced in representing lenders in out-of-court workouts, such as forbearance agreements.
- Foreclosure and sale of a variety of commercial properties, including construction developments, retail, industrial and office rental property, and 100+ unit apartment building.
- Represents lenders in foreclosures and bankruptcy cases in which loans are secured by collateral located in Indiana and Illinois.
- Represents banks and other financial institutions of all sizes in commercial litigation matters including lender liability claims.
- Woodhollow Loft, Inc. v. Sisters of St. Francis Health Services, Inc., 472 B.R. 494, N.D.Ind., (Bankr.N.D.Ind. 2010).
- Counsel of Record: In re West Coast Interventional Pain Medicine, Inc., 435 B.R. 569 (Bankr.N.D.Ind. 2010).
- Counsel of Record: The Braun Corporation v. Vantage Mobility International, LLC, 608 F.Supp.2d 1036 (N.D.Ind. 2009).
- Counsel of Record: The Braun Corporation v. Vantage Mobility International, LLC, 265 F.R.D. 330 (N.D.Ind. 2009).
- Counsel of Record: United States ex rel. Klaczak v. Consolidated Medical Transport, et al., 458 F.Supp.2d 622 (N.D.Ill. 2006).
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1999
Professional and Civic Activities
- Lake County Bar Association - Indiana (Member)
- Indiana Bar Association (Member)
- Hospice of the Calumet Area, Inc. (Board of Directors)
- Illinois Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009-2013 Indiana Super Lawyers® lists