Jeff Shebesta serves as senior counsel with the firm's Business Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and securities transactions, and also assists clients with corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
In his private equity work, Jeff has represented Water Street Healthcare Partners and Baird Capital Partners and their respective portfolio companies in a variety of acquisition, disposition, and other transactions.
For six months in 2012, Jeff was seconded to Abbott Laboratories to serve as temporary contract attorney for Abbott Animal Health, Abbott Point of Care, StarLIMS, and OneLab. While seconded, Jeff served as day-to-day corporate counsel to those four Abbott business divisions.
Recent Representative Engagements:
- Representation of Water Street Healthcare Partners in its merger of CHS Health Services and Take Care Employer Solutions to create a leading worksite health company.
- Representation of PLUS Diagnostics in its sale to Miraca Life Sciences.
- Representation of ConVerge Diagnostic Services, a full-service laboratory in New England, in its sale to Quest Diagnostics.
- Representation of Water Street Healthcare Partners in the acquisition of Temptime Corporation, a company that specializes in time-temperature indicators.
- Representation of Precision Dynamics Corporation, a world leader in identification solutions, in its $300 million sale to Brady Corporation.
- Representation of Morningstar, Inc. in connection with its (i) acquisition of HelloWallet and (ii) $2.45 million investment in YCharts.
- Represented CareCentrix, Inc., the nation's leading provider of home health benefits management services to the managed care industry, in its sale to Summit Partners.
- Representation of Water Street Healthcare Partners in the acquisition of MarketLab, Inc., a direct marketer and distributor of unique products to the clinical laboratory, hospital nursing and magnetic resonance imaging markets.
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Illinois Law Review (Member)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S., 1999)