Data Privacy and Security
In the area of data privacy and security, Jennifer advises and assists clients with the following:
- HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, including investigations by the Office for Civil Rights.
- State data privacy and breach notification laws.
- Federal law 42 C.F.R. Part 2, Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Records.
- Data de-identification in accordance with HIPAA's requirements.
- Data management considerations to ensure compliance with applicable laws, including in the development and implementation of health information exchanges.
- Data privacy and security policies and procedures.
- The overall state of data privacy and security compliance during the due diligence or audit process.
- Data privacy and security considerations involved in health plans disclosing health plan enrollee information.
Jennifer is a frequent speaker and author on data privacy and security.