Jennifer Powers practices in the areas of public finance and commercial finance. She has experience in many aspects of public and commercial finance transactions, including serving as bond counsel in tax-exempt financings, representation of issuers and borrowers in taxable and tax-exempt financings and representation of commercial banks as lenders and credit enhancers. Ms. Powers’ recent experience includes:
- Serving as bond counsel and issuer’s counsel for the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority in tax-exempt bond financings for 501(c)(3) organizations consisting of primary, secondary and post-secondary educational institutions and of health care facilities, including hospitals, clinics, senior living facilities and nursing homes.
- Representing borrowers in taxable and tax-exempt bond financings.
- Representing lenders as providers of letters of credit to support taxable and tax-exempt bond financings.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1987)
American Jurisprudence Awards.
- Ripon College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1976)
Phi Beta Kappa.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1987
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1987
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2008-present: Public Finance Law).
Recognized as Best Lawyers®
2013 Milwaukee Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year.”
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member).
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member).