Jeremy Lite practices throughout Arizona and in Indian Country with a primary focus on environmental law and litigation. His practice emphasizes the litigation of disputes involving claims of asbestos exposure and environmental contamination. He also advises clients on Arizona water rights, state and federal environmental laws, cultural resources, and Tribal law.
Mr. Lite is admitted to practice in the State of Arizona, the Tohono O'odham Nation, and the Pascua Yaqui Tribe, as well as several U.S. District Courts, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Among other cases, his recent experience includes:
- Defense of product manufacturers in asbestos lawsuits in state and federal courts.
- Representation of PRPs in CERCLA sites and related litigation, including negotiation and implementation of consent decrees.
- Advising clients involved in infrastructure development and energy projects on complying with NEPA, ESA, NHPA, and other governmental approval requirements.
- Advising tribal housing authorities on complying with environmental and historic preservation requirements in connection with transactions and construction.
- Developing tribal environmental codes regulating solid waste, pesticide use, and other environmental concerns.
- Representing airline jet fuel consortiums in connection with environmental issues and remediation projects at major airports, including managing compliance with consent decrees and cleanup orders.
- Assisting clients in complying with Arizona water law.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2000)
- Arizona Law Review (Symposium Editor; Recipient, Distinguished Editor Award)
- Lillian S. Fisher Prize in Environmental Law and Public Policy
- E. Herbert Herlihy Memorial Award in Law
- Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1992)
- Major: Anthropology
- Tohono O'odham Nation
- Pascua Yaqui Tribe
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (MDL)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member: Environmental Litigation Committee – Section of Litigation)
- Arizona State Bar (Member: Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section)
- Pima County Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2010–present: Environmental Law; 2011–present: Litigation – Environmental)
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Volunteer Lawyers Program Outstanding Pro Bono Attorney (January 2012)