Jessica also advises companies and educational institutions on the constantly changing issues of data privacy and security. Jessica assists clients with licensing, protection, and data monetization. She also provides strategic business counseling to companies of various sizes from start-ups to large corporations, delivering advice that is practical and tailored to each client.
Jessica spent over 10 years working inside corporations. She was an in-house attorney for Honeywell for eight years where she negotiated international transactions, license agreements, and supply agreements and provided counsel to human resources. Following, she was an officer and executive for a national construction company, where she handled legal matters as well as led the human resources and communications functions.
Jessica's recent representative experience includes:
- Structuring a multi-million dollar global strategic alliance between two international companies. Under the negotiated terms of the alliance, the other party provided ongoing services to Jessica's client, the client provided services and products to the other party, and a new research lab was created to explore innovative applications of the combined offerings.
- Developing website privacy policies, terms and conditions, terms of service and terms of sales for clients in the manufacturing, healthcare and technology services industries with informational to complex, interactive websites.
- Working on M&A transactions to identify and manage technology and data-related issues on behalf of buyers, and preparing Transition Services Agreements under which clients receive ongoing technology, accounting and human resources support follow the close of an asset purchase deal.
- Assisting clients who have developed cutting edge technologies enter into license agreements under which they were able to receive substantial royalties.
- Business Law
- Data Privacy & Security
- Higher Education
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- International Services
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable William Copple, Federal District Court for the District of Arizona
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., high distinction)
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Arizona Law Review
- Arizona State University (M.A., summa cum laude)
- University of Arizona (M.A., summa cum laude)
- Colorado (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- The International Technology Law Association (North American Conference Chair, 2015 to present; Board of Directors, 2017 to present)
- Present Music (Board of Directors, 2015 to present)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, 2010–2012; Executive Committee, 2011–2012)
- American Corporate Counsel Association (Former Member; Founding Member, Arizona Chapter)
- Named among the 25 outstanding Women in Business by the Phoenix Business Journal, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated