Jillian Smith is a paralegal with nearly fifteen years of litigation experience across a wide range of industries, primarily focused in insurance defense. Her experience includes the following:
- Drafting, filing, and serving pleadings, motions, briefs, affidavits, discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, correspondence, and other litigation-related documents and materials.
- Managing and monitoring multi-jurisdictional discovery requests and responses in complex regulatory proceedings.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of electronic documents for production and privilege; preparing materials for discovery production, and maintaining privilege and production logs.
- Assisting clients and attorney teams to prepare for depositions, administrative hearings, and trials.
- Researching background information regarding key witnesses, parties to litigation, and opposing trial experts.
- Obtaining, organizing, and analyzing medical records.
Jillian also has an extensive background as a leadership and executive development consultant, with teaching and training experiences in global consumer products and pharmaceutical companies in the areas of change management, process redesign, and values-based decision-making.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Harvard University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1994)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Artistic Director & President, Soulstice Theatre (current)
- Board Chair & Board of Directors, Soulstice Theatre (2008-2013)
- Medical College of Wisconsin – Guest Lecturer, Treating Patients with Special Needs: Advice for Physicians (2012 – 2014)