John Casey is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady. He practiced in business, utility and shareholder litigation. His representative litigation subject matters, clients and venues included:
- Lanham Act: Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery, 97-C-732 (W.D. Wis); Harley Davidson, CV 97-864 (C.D. Calif); Kohler Company , 94-1244-Civ (S.D. Fla); Brady Corporation, 92-C-0670 (E.D. Wis); Western Auto, 90-CV-2265 (N.D. Ga).
- Civil RICO: OshKosh B'Gosh, 99-717 (D. Haw.); Creative Automation, 99-C-1453 (E.D. Wis).
- CERCLA: Wisconsin Electric, 94-C-1059 (E.D. Wis).
- Employment/Distributor: Miller Brewing, 97-3542 (Wis. S. Ct.); Wisconsin Electric, 97-C-664-S (W.D. Wis); Briggs & Stratton, 96-74270 (E.D. Mich).
- Merger/Acquisition: Wisconsin Gas Company, 01-0090 (Wis. S. Ct.).
- Sherman Act: Allen-Edmonds, 98-1523 A (D. Okla).
Education and Honors
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1970)
- Stanford University (A.B., 1967)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1974
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1971
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Alexander Charitable Foundation, Inc. (Director)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated