With more than three decades of experience, John has represented a great many clients on a great many issues. These are just a few more recent examples:
- Representation of university, foundation, and other institutional investors in over $1.5 billion of private equity, real estate, and hedge fund investments.
- Secondary sale of an institutional investor’s private equity fund portfolio.
- Closing of a transaction in which a closely held catalog sales company sold a division of its operations to a publicly held corporation.
- Representation of a public company in its acquisition of a private company engaged in a multistate plumbing / drain cleaning operation.
- Disposition of an energy management company in a transaction with multiple bidders.
- Representation of substantial investor in a $556 million acquisition of a real estate development subsidiary of a publicly held company.
- Representation of the sole purchaser of Rule 144A debt securities, in a first-of-its-kind securitization by the state economic development authority, of its HUD portfolio.
- Representation of a buyer in the purchase of assets in a §363 bankruptcy transaction.