John Lhost’s practice includes estate planning and trust administration, planning for ownership and transfers of interests in closely held businesses and planning for acquisition, sale, development and preservation of real estate. His work experience includes:
- Service as trustee of various trusts benefiting clients’ families.
- Structural planning for intergenerational transfers or retention of interests in family-owned businesses.
- Assistance of fiduciaries and beneficiaries with fiduciary tax and accounting issues in connection with administration of estates and trusts.
- Planning for retention and preservation of tracts of family-owned land, including representation of several
nonprofit land trusts.
Education and Honors
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., 1974)
Articles Editor, College of William and Mary Law Review.
- Carroll College, Wisconsin (B.A., 1971)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2007-present: Trusts and Estates).
Selected for inclusion in the 2005 Wisconsin Super Lawyers®
list (Estate Planning).
Peer Review Rated.
Professional and Civic Activities
Member: Milwaukee Bar Association; American Bar Association (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section); State Bar of Wisconsin; Milwaukee Estate Planning Council. Assistant Group Coordinator, Quarles & Brady LLP Trusts and Estates Group.
The Nature Conservancy of Wisconsin (Trustee serving on Executive and Finance Committees and as Chair of the Conservation Committee); The Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, Inc. (Former Director and current Legal Counsel); Gathering Waters, Inc. (Former Director); City of Mequon Open Space Preservation Commission (Commissioner).