Jon Kammerzelt is a member of the firm's Health Law Practice Group. His experience includes
- Advising hospitals and other health care providers on state and federal compliance issues, including those involving fraud and abuse laws (Stark and Anti-Kickback), Medicare Conditions of Participation, EMTALA, and HIPAA.
- Representing hospitals and other health care providers on mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Advising hospitals on various operational matters involving patient care, practitioner credentialing and corrective action, HCQIA/peer review, and professional practice regulation.
- Negotiating and preparing professional service agreements, clinical research trial agreements, and participating provider agreements with commercial insurance plans.
- Negotiating Medicare and Medicaid managed care plan contracts and advising health systems, hospitals, and multi-specialty physician groups on the applicable state and federal regulatory and compliance issues implicated by managed care plan contracting.
Education and Honors
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- The Maxwell School of Syracuse University (M.P.A., 2010)
- University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (B.S., highest honors, 2005)
- Majors: Public Administration and Political Science
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Perinatal Foundation (Board Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (Member)
- Named an Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2017)