Joe Puchner practices in all areas of commercial real estate law, including development, purchase and sale, leasing, financing, and land use. He also practices in the areas of international business transactions and specialized immigration law. His recent experience includes
- Real estate transactional work related to the establishment of wind farms in central Wisconsin.
- All aspects of work related to the development of several top-tier industrial parks in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Representation of ownership on significant redevelopment projects in downtown Milwaukee.
- Work on development of health care facilities, including medical office buildings, research facilities, and hospital joint ventures.
- Assistance with all types of real estate issues related to the establishment of a multistate electricity transmission company.
- Representation of U.S. and foreign parties on international acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Representation of numerous NBA basketball players on immigration matters, including applications for U.S. permanent residence.
Education and Honors
- Stanford Law School (J.D., with distinction, 1986)
- Marquette University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1983)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Law Clerk to the Hon. William B. Enright, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (1986–1988)
- State Bar of California (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Director, International Practice Section)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (Member)
- International Young Lawyers Association (Prix des Anciens Présidents, 1994)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)
- U.S. Department of State (Foreign Service Officer, 1990–1991)
- Stagiaire, Lassez et Associés, Paris (1989)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2003–present: Real Estate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2004–present: Real Estate)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005–2008, 2010–2014 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Creole (Haiti)