Juan Carlos Espinoza-Forlenza practices in the firm's Business Law Practice Group and is a member of the Clean Energy, Climate Change & Sustainability team. He advises clients in a wide variety of general business and corporate matters including acquisitions and divestitures, mergers and other corporate reorganizations, business formation, various commercial contracts and private financings for startup and emerging companies and their investors. In addition, his practice includes transactional work for a variety of different renewable energy projects. His recent experience includes:
- Drafting the project agreements for a utility scale biomass cogeneration facility in northern Wisconsin.
- Drafting the agreements for the development of an anaerobic digester wastewater treatment facility at the site of a food processing plant in Virginia.
- Advising a large Wisconsin dairy / cheese processing company in its development of a wastewater pretreatment facility (anaerobic digester).
- Advising a proposed waste to energy project on its supply contract and other matters.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for purchase, installation and maintenance of rooftop solar energy project for major retail client.
- Assisting with the acquisition of a privately held educational services company in Mexico.
- Representing client in connection with acquisition of a business line in the medical imaging field.
- Representing client in its sale to a national insurance and investment portfolio company.
- Representing small business owner in the formation of a new IT company.
- Representing client in the raising of venture capital funds to grow and expand its business.
Prior to coming to Quarles & Brady, Juan Carlos spent six years practicing in the New York and London offices of a Wall Street law firm focusing on infrastructure project financing in the U.S., Latin America, Africa and Middle East.
Education and Honors
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Chicago (M.S.T., 1992)
- University of Chicago (B.A., 1991)
- New York