Karen DaCosta Perzan practices in the area of real estate. She has experience representing clients in various real estate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions of real property, development and redevelopment of real property, tax-assisted real estate development, real estate finance, leasing and leveraged leasing arrangements, and zoning and historic preservation matters. Ms. Perzan is a member of the Quarles & Brady Commercial Leasing Industry Team. Ms. Perzan’s recent real estate experience includes
- Representation of major corporations in dispositions of real property and real property-related holdings.
- Representation of facilities funds in acquisition and financing of real property.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in leasing arrangements for office, industrial, and retail properties.
- Representation of owners in leveraged lease portfolio management.
- Representation of property owners in zoning and historic preservation matters.
- Representation of developers and property owners in tax-assisted real estate development.
Education and Honors
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 1985)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Teaching Fellow, Real Property
- Teaching Fellow, Workshop in Briefcraft
- Editor, Moot Court
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude, 1982)
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member: Hispanic National Bar Association; Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association; Milwaukee Bar Association; American Bar Association
- Member: Wisconsin CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women); 2012 WCREW Showcase Awards Chair; Member: CREW National Programs Playbook Taskforce, 2011; Member: CREW National Governance Committee, 2009; Member: CREW Network Membership Development Task Force, 2008
- Bar Appointment: Vice chair, Local Bar Relations Committee, State Bar of Wisconsin, 2008–2011; Chair, Wisconsin Local Bar Leaders Conference Committee, 2009–2011
- Member, Women's Affinity Alliance Steering Committee
- Yale Association of Wisconsin, Special events director, 1998–present
- Association of Yale Alumni Assembly Delegate, 2004–2006
- American Diabetes Association, Co-chair of 2005 Milwaukee Gala
- Chair, Quarles & Brady Women's Forum
- Quarles & Brady Diversity Committee member
- Panelist, “The New Normal–Real Estate Finance and Development,” September 2013 Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Convention
- Presenter, “The Devil Is In the Details–Documenting Real Estate Loans,” August 2013
- Panelist, “Overcoming Obstacles to Successful Careers in the Legal Profession,” March 2013 Hispanic National Bar Association Corporate Counsel Conference
- Host, Women’s Affinity Alliance Meeting, January 31, 2012
- Panelist, “Commercial Real Estate Development in a Distressed Market,” September 2010 Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Convention