Kathryn "Katie" Muldoon is a member of the firm's Trusts and Estates Practice Group. Her experience includes
- Working with high-net-worth clients and their families to structure tax-efficient estate plans and implement lifetime gifting strategies.
- Drafting complex estate planning documents, including revocable trusts, GST Trusts, Gift Trusts, Lifetime QTIPs, ILITs, GRATs, QPRTs, and CRUTs.
- Counseling clients regarding post-mortem tax planning.
- Probating estates and preparing estate tax returns.
- Preparing and reviewing gift tax returns.
- Assisting trustees with trust administration and investment decisions.
- Guiding nonprofit organizations through incorporation and dissolution processes.
Education and Honors
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Edward F. Hennessey Scholar
- International Law Journal (Member)
- Public Interest Project Advisory Board Founder and Chair
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., cum laude, 2002)
- Dean's List
- Big East Scholar Athlete
- Women's Varsity Rowing Team
Professional and Civic Activities
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Sojourner Family Peace Center Courthouse Clinic (Volunteer)
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic (Volunteer)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2013)
- Co-author, “Deathbed Planning: What You Can Do This Side of Paradise,” Wisconsin Lawyer October 2013.
- Presenter, "Estate Tax Portability," Midwinter Estate Planning Conference, February 16, 2013