Keith Bruett litigates commercial and business cases, with an emphasis on professional liability and complex insurance matters. He has litigated cases throughout the country. Recent experience includes
- Defense jury verdict in a $15 million actuarial malpractice lawsuit.
- Plaintiff’s jury verdict awarding title in a land dispute.
- Defense jury verdict in a $25 million insurance broker malpractice lawsuit.
- Defense arbitration decision in a $10 million dollar insurance broker malpractice case.
- Represented the insured in Plastics Engineering Co. v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., 2009 WI 13, in which the Wisconsin Supreme Court adopted “all sums” allocation.
- Represented the insured in Johnson Controls, Inc. v. Employers Insurance of Wausau, 2003 WI 108, in which the Wisconsin Supreme Court overruled its 1994 City of Edgerton v. General Casualty environmental insurance coverage decision.
- Professional Liability
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 1998)
- Marquette Law Review (Lead Articles Editor, 1997–1998)
- University of Minnesota (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (Member)
- Quarles & Brady Diversity Committee (Representative)
- Quarles & Brady Law School Recruiting Committee (Past Chair)
- Quarles & Brady's Professional Liability Litigation Practice (Chair)
- ABA's Professional Liability Litigation Committee (Member of leadership team)
- Quarles & Brady's Insurance Recovery Practice (Past Chair)
- Insurance Committee of the Professional Liability Defense Federation (Past Chair)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013–present: Commercial Litigation)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Editions 2007–2011 (Insurance Coverage; Professional Liability: Defense)