Ms. Edson has handled a wide variety of litigation matters throughout her career, including in the areas of trusts, real estate, investments, contracts, bankruptcy, insurance, torts, products liability, class actions, premises liability, landlord/tenant disputes, securities, intellectual property, telecommunications, technology, and unfair trade practices. She understands the importance of working strategically and thinking creatively to attain her clients' objectives.
As a former Special Assistant District Attorney in Cambridge District Court in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Ms. Edson has successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials. Ms. Edson also assisted in a post-conviction appeal on behalf of an innocent man who was on death row, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit ultimately overturned the conviction.
Ms. Edson's recent experience includes:
- Obtaining final judgment in favor of a client after a multi-day federal court trial.
- Securing a dismissal with prejudice of a purported multi-million dollar class action suit through investigation and strategic motion practice.
- Defeating the appeal of a final judgment in favor of a client after oral argument before a Florida appellate court, and obtaining an attorney's fees and costs award for the client.
- Successfully resolving a complex litigation matter for an international client.
- Securing a permanent injunction preventing a trademark infringer from improperly using a client's trademark.
- Obtaining a jury verdict awarding two clients all of their damages after a two week federal court trial and securing an award of attorney's fees, costs, and prejudgment interest for the clients.
- Obtaining a jury verdict awarding a client over a million dollars in insurance coverage proceeds after a multi-day federal court trial, and securing an award of attorney's fees, costs, and prejudgment interest for the client.
- Securing complete final summary judgment in favor of three defense clients in a Florida state court case on a complaint containing twelve claims.
A native Floridian who grew up in Plant City, Florida, Ms. Edson is involved in the community. Ms. Edson volunteers on behalf of Bay Area Legal Services to assist victims of domestic violence and dating violence with petitioning the court for injunctions for protection as part of the Domestic Violence Assistance Project. Ms. Edson has also served as a mentor to women law students through the Mentoring Committee of the Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers and has assisted local students in various educational mock trial programs.
Ms. Edson has given presentations on topics such as negotiating settlement agreements and developments in electronic discovery.
- Product Liability
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Fiduciary, Trust and Probate Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Trademark Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., with honors, 1998)
- Harvard University (B.A., with honors, 1995)
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in the 2013-2014 Florida Super Lawyers® lists (Business Litigation)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend magazine's "Florida Legal Elite" list (2013-2014)