Kelly Singer practices nationally in all aspects of commercial bankruptcy and restructuring matters. He has substantial experience representing corporate debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcies and out-of-court restructurings, buyers in Section 363 bankruptcy sales, Chapter 11 trustees, and lenders in debtor-in-possession financings. He has also represented domestic and foreign corporations in the defense and prosecution of high-dollar, complex avoidance actions, including avoidance litigation involving alleged real estate Ponzi schemes.
Through a decade of practicing exclusively in bankruptcy and restructuring, he has acquired considerable experience representing homebuilders and other real estate developers in bankruptcy matters. He has also represented various Japanese, Chinese, and European companies in U.S. and foreign bankruptcy/insolvency matters.
- Representing the corporate owner of a professional ice hockey franchise in its widely-publicized Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Representing Arizona and Florida homebuilders in their successful Chapter 11 restructurings.
- Representing a national truck rental and storage company in its successful $2 billion refinancing and Chapter 11 restructuring.
- Representing a hedge fund in the successful prosecution of its $23 million secured claim against a single-asset-real-estate debtor.
- Representing a California-based computer technology company in connection with a bankruptcy/insolvency pending in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Representing a Chapter 11 trustee in one of the largest residential real estate bankruptcies in Arizona.
- Resolving a multi-million-dollar proof of claim on behalf of a client against an international telecommunications company in Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Representing one of the world’s largest hospitality companies in its successful bid of a software company’s assets in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale.
–Rising Stars 2012-2014 Editions (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights).