Ken Hallett focuses his practice on securities law—including offerings, continuing disclosure and compliance, and corporate governance—and on merger and acquisition transactions. Until recently, Ken served as national chair of the Quarles & Brady Business Law Group. With over 35 years in practice, Ken brings to the table the experience, skills, and tools needed to be a go-to lawyer for clients navigating business law, securities, and M&A opportunities and challenges.
Ken represents clients in numerous industries, particularly the manufacturing, technology, and financial services sectors. He is equally comfortable managing large public securities offerings as he is counseling mid-market companies and start-ups.
Ken also maintains an active practice on the Quarles & Brady Financial Institutions Team, focusing on acquisition and expansion transactions for a full range of banking industry clients.
A leader inside and outside the firm, Ken is both collaborative and highly dedicated to top-level client service. His goal is not only to deliver practical advice and oversight, but to empower others — clients included — to take a direct hand in the work. He learns a client's business top to bottom, zeroes in on what’s important for each client and in each specific transaction. Ultimately, Ken uses his experience and talents to get the job done in a manner that consistently beats expectations.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1980)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., summa cum laude, 1977)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1980
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Past Chair, Subcommittee on Securities Law Disclosure, Committee on Securities Business Law Section)
- Marquette University Law School (Co-instructor, Securities Law, 1984–1988; periodic lecturer, 1989–1993)
- Boy Scouts of America/Milwaukee County Council (Past Member, Advisory Council)
- Marquette Law School Volunteer Legal Clinic (2008–present: Pro bono attorney and advisor)
- Notre Dame Middle School (Mentor)
- Named a 2014 Leader in the Law by the Wisconsin Law Journal
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2013 Milwaukee Financial Services Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1995–present: Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated