Kevin is a transactional attorney who solves problems and assists businesses with complex commercial transactions. Kevin uses his extensive experience in corporate law to serve as a trusted advisor to owners and senior executives on a broad spectrum of issues.
Kevin has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including master supply/service agreements, distribution agreements, reseller agreements, development and licensing agreements, and manufacturing agreements. Kevin's main focus is representing clients in connection with M&A transactions, which includes acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and joint ventures that have transaction values from $2.0 million to $300 million.
Above all, Kevin has excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills, and is highly adept at explaining the results and consequences of any actions his clients may contemplate, in a manner understandable to those who do not have a legal background. Kevin earns the trust and confidence of his clients and colleagues by employing an analytical yet pragmatic approach that is centered around accomplishing the business objectives of his clients in a responsive, efficient and effective manner.
- Business Law
- Public Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- Hampton University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1992)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Committee (Board Member)
- Chicago United (Member, Leaders Council)
- Economic Club (Member)
- Executives Club of Chicago (Member, New Leaders Circle)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Muslim Bar Association of Chicago (Board Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- One Goal (Board Member, Secretary)
- Recipient, "Men of Excellence" Award, Chicago Defender, 2013
- Recipient, "Business Leaders Champion" Award, Chicago United, 2010