Kimberli Williams dedicates her legal practice to issues in Labor & Employment law as well as general Litigation & Dispute Resolution matters. Kimberli brings an inventive and forward-thinking approach to defending and advising clients around workplace dynamics. Her practice focuses on employment counseling and resolving disputes arising under state and federal employment laws.
Kimberli’s most recent client counseling experience involved:
- Assisting employers in strategizing and preparing for the Department of Labor’s policy change regarding overtime/exemption regulations; and
- Understanding the developing laws and policy directives on the issue of transgender rights in the workplace and higher education contexts.
On the litigation and dispute resolution front, Kimberli works to understand client interests and takes a risk-conscious approach to resolving disputes. Some of her most recent litigation and defense experience involved:
- Restrictive covenants and enforcement of employment agreements;
- Title VII disputes;
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims;
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act defense; and
- Long-term care litigation in the health law industry.
As an active contributor to Quarles & Brady’s Pro Bono program, Kimberli has represented indigent clients in litigation matters and counseled a youth development program on compliance issues.
In law school, Kimberli was a member of the Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies and served as Director of Competition for her law school’s Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team. While participating in the Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition, she earned both Brief Writing Honors and Oral Advocacy Honors. Upon graduation, Kimberli was one of ten graduating third-year students selected for induction into the Order of the Barristers.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Barristers (Inductee)
- Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies (Member)
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., with high honors, 2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Marion County Bar Association (Member)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (Member)
- Convoy of Hope Indianapolis (Legal Service Volunteer)