Kristin Occhetti's practice focuses on estate planning and wealth preservation strategies for individuals, small business owners and professionals. Her experience includes:
- Preparing wills, trusts, financial powers of attorney, and health care powers of attorney.
- Traditional bypass trust and marital deduction planning.
- Charitable estate planning.
- Generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
- Asset protection planning.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- Dean's List. CALI Award: Legal Writing and Research I, Probate Practice and Procedure. Alpha Sigma Nu. Marquette Law Review (Associate Editor, 2006-2007). Intern to the Honorable Patience Drake Roggensack, Wisconsin Supreme Court. Thomas Moore Law Scholarship. Herbert C. Hirschboeck Law Scholarship. Justinian Society of Lawyers Scholarship.
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2003)
- Degree: Anthropology-Zoology.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Life Navigators (Trust Committee)
- Zoological Society of Milwaukee (Associate Board)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Association of Women Lawyers (Member)
- Justinian Society of Lawyers (Member)
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic (Co-chair)
- Quarles Cares (Chair, Milwaukee office)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars 2011-2012 Editions (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Recipient of the 2013 Howard B. Eisenberg Service Award from Marquette University Law School
- Co-author (with John Bannen), "Partial Tax-free Exchanges," Trusts & Estates magazine, July 2012.A magic box for making long-term care premiums more affordable.
- Presentation, "Plan for the Future of Your Youth with Special Needs Guardianship," Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, September 18, 2010
- Featured, "Volunteer Spotlight," Messenger, Milwaukee Bar Association publication, Winter 2009-2010
- Co-author (with John Bannen), "Health Savings Accounts: The New Asset on the Estate Planners' Checklist," Probate & Property, November/December 2009