1395 Panther Lane
Laura Holm is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services Practice Group. She possesses significant experience in a wide variety of complex legal transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance matters, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations, going private transactions, private placements, equity and debt offerings, as well as general corporate matters. She regularly represents public and private companies with respect to all of their corporate transactions and compliance programs, and effectively serves as their outside general counsel. Her experience includes:
- Representation of public companies with Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance matters.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of businesses in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of public and emerging growth companies in public and private offerings of securities.
- Representation of boards of directors and board committees with respect to corporate governance matters.
Education and Honors
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.)
- Amherst College (B.A., magna cum laude)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013-2014: Corporate Law).
Named to South Florida’s Top Lawyers Legal Guide (2010-2013: Corporate/Business).
Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend
magazine’s Legal Elite (2006-2013: Business Law).
Nominated as “Most Effective Lawyer in South Florida” by South Florida Business Journal
(2005). Florida Trend
magazine’s "Up & Comer" (2005).
Peer Review Rated.
Professional and Civic Activities
Women Corporate Directors (Member).
Fusion Pointe (Member).
Marquis Bank (Advisory Board Member).
QEP Co, Inc., (Former Director).
Laura is a frequent speaker on SEC reporting and compliance issues.
- Presenter, “Going Beyond Best Practices: The Role of the Board in Effectively Motivating and Rewarding Executives,” Women Corporate Directors South Florida Meeting, May 22, 2014.
- Guest Speaker, “Networking for Women Professionals,” KPMG Event, The Art of Making a Difference, Ft. Lauderdale, November 2013.
- Panelist, “Current Issues in SEC Practice,” PLI Seminar, Chicago, November 2013.
- Speaker, “Ethical Issues in SEC Filings,” PLI Seminar, Chicago, November 2013.
- Author, “Ethical Issues in the Preparation and Review of SEC Filings,” PLI Course Handbook – Securities Filings 2013.
- Panelist, “The Board Selection Process: The Non-Traditional Candidate,” NACD Florida Chapter, October 3, 2013.
- Speaker, “Director Positions with Private Equity and VC Firms,” Women Corporate Directors Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, April 2013.
- Author, “Ethical Issues in the Preparation and Review of SEC Filings,” PLI Course Handbook-Drafting Securities Filings, 2012.
- Panelist, “Current Issues in SEC Practice,” PLI Seminar, Chicago, November 2012.
- Speaker, “Ethical Issues in SEC Filings,” PLI Seminar, Chicago, November 2012.
- Panelist, Corporate Executive Briefing: Dodd-Frank Act, Boca Raton, Florida, January 2011.
- Speaker, “Dodd-Frank Act - New Whistleblower Bounty Provisions,” Financial Executives International Meeting, Boca Raton, Florida, January 2011.
- Speaker, “Angel Investing,” Gold Coast Venture Capital Association Seminar, Boca Raton, Florida, July 2009.
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for New Businesses,” Start Up Boot Camp Seminar, Fort Lauderdale, Florida July 2009.