Laura Holm is a member of the firm’s Business Law Practice Group. She possesses significant experience in a wide variety of complex legal transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance matters, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations, going private transactions, private placements, and equity and debt offerings, as well as general corporate matters. She regularly represents public and private companies with respect to all of their corporate transactions and compliance programs, and effectively serves as their outside general counsel. Her experience includes
- Representation of public companies with Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance matters.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of businesses in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of public and emerging growth companies in public and private offerings of securities.
- Representation of boards of directors and board committees with respect to corporate governance matters.
Education and Honors
- Amherst College (B.A., magna cum laude)
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Women Corporate Directors (Member)
- Fusion Pointe (Member)
- Marquis Bank (Advisory Board Member)
- QEP Co. Inc., (Former Director)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013–2016: Corporate Law)
- Named to South Florida’s Top Lawyers Legal Guide (2010–2013: Corporate/Business)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend magazine’s Legal Elite (2006–2013: Business Law)
- Nominated as “Most Effective Lawyer in South Florida” by South Florida Business Journal (2005)
- Florida Trend magazine’s "Up & Comer" (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Peer Review Rated