Lauren practices in the areas of commercial real estate finance and enforcement, as well as sales and acquisitions of real property, with substantial experience in commercial lending, complex real estate transactions, loan workouts, debt restructurings, and foreclosures. In this regard, Ms. Raines’ recent experience includes the following:
- Representation of financial institutions in construction loans, refinancing, and permanent loans secured by retail centers, office buildings, hotels, medical facilities and multifamily projects.
- Representation of financial institutions and other creditors in complex mortgage foreclosures, Uniform Commercial Code foreclosures, receiverships, and loan workouts, including the foreclosure of mortgages on condominium projects, apartment complexes, hotels, and retail centers.
- Representation of creditors in debt restructurings and workouts, including loan forbearances, loan modifications, sale and leaseback transactions, short sales, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
- Handle purchase and sale transactions involving shopping centers, office buildings, industrial centers, and apartment buildings.
- Representation of creditors in Ch. 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Handle real estate litigation disputes, including breach of contract, quiet title, equitable lien, reformation, and equitable subrogation.
- Representation of lenders in dealing with condominium and homeowners associations regarding assessment liability, successor developer liability, turnover, and governance matters.
- Advises clients on Florida tax issues, including documentary stamp tax and non-recurring intangibles taxes involving complex commercial transactions.
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Real Estate
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 2007)
- Yeshiva University–Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law (Production Editor)
- University of Florida (B.A., with honors, 2001)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar (Member of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and Young Lawyers Section)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member of Young Lawyer's Division, Co-chair of Law Week Committee)
- Gasparilla International Film Festival (Member)
- Tampa Bay YMCA Central City (Advisory Board Member, 2011–2012)