Pro Bono / Community Service
Leila is strongly committed to pro bono work and community service, serving as chair of the firm's Quarles Cares program in the Milwaukee office. Her efforts include:
- mediation negotiation for a 1983 civil rights claim involving an illegal stop and excessive force by a police officer;
- successful representation of a victim of domestic abuse in a two day evidentiary hearing to obtain domestic abuse injunction;
- representation of a client in a divorce action against an abusive husband of 30 years;
- representation of a father to obtain child visitation and achieve adjustments on child-support payments;
- volunteering with Quarles & Brady's Domestic Violence clinic, where she has successfully represented dozens of victims of abuse in obtaining injunctions against abusers.