Lindsay serves as a day-to-day counsel on franchise sales issues (including financial performance representations and exemptions from state law disclosure and registration requirements), and default and termination issues, including franchisee insolvency, post-term non-competition covenants, and advertising fund issues. She negotiates and drafts novel special purpose franchise agreements, for example, hotels as part of mixed-use real estate developments.
Lindsay is involved with acquisition transactions of franchise systems, including assessment of the overall strength of target franchise systems, analysis of franchisee issues, and review of franchise agreement provisions.
She is fluent in French and German.
Education and Honors
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Extern – The Honorable Ronald A. Guzman, Northern District of Illinois
- Purdue University (B.A., with honors, 2001)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional and Civic Activities
- Legal Assistance Foundation’s Micah Legal Aid Clinic (Volunteer Attorney)
- Woodlawn Clinic (Volunteer Attorney)
- Horizons for Youth (Volunteer Mentor)
- Recipient of My Hero Award from Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth for youth mentoring