Lindsay is an attorney in the firm's Business Law Practice Group and Franchise & Distribution industry team. Her practice incorporates domestic and international franchise and distribution matters, as well as acquisitions of franchise systems.
Domestically, Lindsay advises clients on issues in a wide range of industries ranging from startup to termination. She negotiates and drafts franchise and distribution agreements, drafts franchise disclosure documents, analyzes statutes for exemptions, and negotiates with state examiners on behalf of her clients. Lindsay also has experience with acquisitions of franchise systems, including assessment of the overall strength of target franchise system, analysis of franchisee issues, and review and analysis of issues related to franchise agreement provisions and franchise disclosure documents of the target system.
Internationally, Lindsay has deal experience in 26 countries on 6 continents, including Australia, Canada, China, the GCC Countries, Indonesia, Mexico, and Russia. Working with local counsel, Lindsay manages both the negotiation and drafting of the agreement as well as any required registration of the franchise or intellectual property in the country. She also prepares international disclosure documents. Lindsay’s international experience includes area development agreements, master franchise agreements, and distribution agreements.
Lindsay is involved with the International Franchise Association’s Women’s Franchise Network of Tampa Bay.
Education and Honors
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Extern – The Honorable Ronald A. Guzman, Northern District of Illinois
- Purdue University (B.A., with honors, 2001)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional and Civic Activities
- Legal Assistance Foundation’s Micah Legal Aid Clinic (Volunteer Attorney)
- Woodlawn Clinic (Volunteer Attorney)
- Horizons for Youth (Volunteer Mentor)
- Recipient of My Hero Award from Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth for youth mentoring