Lori Winkelman is a partner in our Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights Group. Ms. Winkelman represents secured creditors, unsecured creditors, debtors, and other parties in all aspects of bankruptcy, foreclosure and state court receivership. Her experience includes:
- Representing secured creditors and other parties in all types of Chapter 11 cases, including cash collateral negotiation and litigation, stay relief litigation, claims litigation, lease negotiation and plan litigation.
- Representing fuel consortiums in various airline bankruptcy filings with respect to such issues as negotiating assumption or rejection of agreements between airlines and fuel consortium, filing of claims, and negotiating new agreements between fuel consortium and bankrupt airline going forward.
- Significant representation of lenders in single-asset bankruptcy cases.
- Representing creditors in nondischargeability litigation in all types of bankruptcy.
- Representing creditors in preference defense and fraudulent conveyance negotiation and litigation.
- Representing Native American housing authorities as a party-in-interest in complex plan financing and negotiating, involving understanding of complex NAHASDA regulations and other regulations.
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University College of Law (J.D., 2001)
Arizona State Law Journal (Senior Managing Editor, 2000-2001).
- Denver Paralegal Institute (1992)
- South Dakota State University (B.A., 1990)
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2001
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2013
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2013: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law).
Selected for inclusion in the 2012 and 2013 Southwest Super Lawyers®
lists (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights).
Professional and Civic Activities
Member: State Bar of Arizona; Maricopa County Bar Association. Quarles & Brady Capitol School Project; Volunteer Lawyer's Program; Chairperson for Summer Associate Committee.