Lori Winkelman is a partner in our Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights Group. Ms. Winkelman represents secured creditors, unsecured creditors, debtors, and other parties in all aspects of bankruptcy, foreclosure and state court receivership. Her experience includes:
- Representing secured creditors and other parties in all types of Chapter 11 cases, including cash collateral negotiation and litigation, stay relief litigation, claims litigation, lease negotiation and plan litigation.
- Representation of Roman Catholic Diocese as Debtor's counsel in various cases around the country.
- Significant representation of lenders in single-asset bankruptcy cases.
- Representing creditors in nondischargeability litigation in all types of bankruptcy.
- Representing creditors in preference defense and fraudulent conveyance negotiation and litigation.
- Representing Native American housing authorities as a party-in-interest in complex plan financing and negotiating, involving understanding of complex NAHASDA regulations and other regulations.
- Representing fuel consortiums in various airline bankruptcy filings with respect to such issues as negotiating assumption or rejection of agreements between airlines and fuel consortium, filing of claims, and negotiating new agreements between fuel consortium and bankrupt airline going forward.
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University College of Law (J.D., 2001)
Arizona State Law Journal (Senior Managing Editor, 2000-2001).
- Denver Paralegal Institute (1992)
- South Dakota State University (B.A., 1990)
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2001
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2013
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2013-present: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law).
Selected for inclusion in the 2012-2014 Southwest Super Lawyers®
lists (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights), named among the Top 25 Female lawyers in the Southwest, and named among the Top 50 attorneys in Arizona.
Professional and Civic Activities
Member: State Bar of Arizona; Maricopa County Bar Association. Vice President of Arizona Bankruptcy America Inns of Court. Quarles & Brady Capitol School Project; Volunteer Lawyer's Program; Recruiting Committee.