Marta Levine practices in the areas of trademark and copyright law. She has extensive experience in representing businesses in the protection of their trademark and copyright rights, including:
- Representing businesses in selecting and clearing trademarks (including assisting in investigation of other companies' trademarks).
- Representing businesses in the registration of trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (including prosecuting applications and representing businesses in trademark oppositions and cancellations).
- Representing businesses in trademark licensing.
- Representing businesses in disputes over trademark rights.
- Representing businesses in registering trademarks in foreign countries, including prosecuting foreign trademark applications and representing clients in trademark oppositions, infringement litigation, and licensing.
- Representing businesses in registering copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Representing businesses in disputes over copyright rights.
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Trademarks & Copyrights
- Business Law
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1983)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1975)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1984
Professional and Civic Activities
- International Trademark Association ("INTA") (Member)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property and Commercial Law Sections)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member, Intellectual Property and Business Law Sections)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated