Mary Fertl practices in the area of real estate. She has had extensive experience representing clients (including public and closely held corporations, limited and general partnerships, limited liability companies, and individuals) in various real estate matters, including the sale, purchase, exchange, leasing, and financing of real estate. Ms. Fertl's recent experience includes
- Representation of publicly held corporations in connection with sale/leaseback transactions.
- Representation of limited partnerships in connection with like-kind exchanges of apartment projects and office buildings.
- Representation of several publicly held corporations in connection with directing real estate matters on a national basis.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1981)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Member, Marquette Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Marquette University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1978)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1981
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009–present: Real Estate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2015–present: Real Estate)