Matthew Mehr focuses in the areas of real estate, and commercial and tax-exempt finance. His experience includes
- Negotiation and documentation of commercial and real estate finance transactions.
- Negotiation and documentation of loan workout, extension and modification, and forbearance agreements and related documents in connection with existing real estate and asset-secured credits.
- Representation of out-of-state lenders as local counsel in complex multistate financing transactions, including reviewing document for enforceability under and compliance with local laws and issuing legal opinions in connection with such transactions.
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., highest distinction, 1986)
- University of Arizona Law Review (1984)
- Order of the Coif
- Law College Association Award (1984)
- The University of Vermont (B.A., 1976)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2011–2014: Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2006–present: Banking and Finance Law)
- Listed in Arizona’s Top Lawyers list by AZ Business Magazine (2014: Banking)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2016 Phoenix Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"