Matthew Mehr focused in the areas of real estate, and commercial and tax-exempt finance. His experience included:
- Negotiation and documentation of commercial and real estate finance transactions.
- Negotiation and documentation of loan workout, extension and modification, and forbearance agreements and related documents in connection with existing real estate and asset-secured credits.
- Representation of out-of-state lenders as local counsel in complex multistate financing transactions, including reviewing document for enforceability under and compliance with local laws and issuing legal opinions in connection with such transactions.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., highest distinction, 1986)
- University of Arizona Law Review (1984)
- Order of the Coif
- Law College Association Award (1984)
- The University of Vermont (B.A., 1976)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2011–2014: Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2006–present: Banking and Finance Law)
- Listed in Arizona’s Top Lawyers list by AZ Business Magazine (2014: Banking)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2016 Phoenix Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"