Melissa McCord is an attorney in the Business Law Practice Group. Her practice focuses on commercial finance, commercial contracting, and other business transactions and general corporate matters. Her recent experience includes
- Representing lenders and borrowers in single lender, single borrower, multilender, and multiborrower loan facilities.
- Representing lenders in real estate financing transactions.
- Advising clients on Uniform Commercial Code issues that affect their interests.
- Representing a nonprofit economic development organization in its lending practice.
- Representing a private equity client involved in selling a portfolio company.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Melissa spent nine years as a journalist, mainly with The Associated Press.
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2009)
- Marquette Law Review (Editor-in-Chief)
- Ohio University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1997)
- Major: Journalism
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Association for Women Lawyers (Member)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Sojourner Family Peace Center (Courthouse Clinic Pro Bono Volunteer)
- Our Next Generation (Member: Board of Directors)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015)