Patent Prosecution. Preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications in a variety of technologies including
IP Asset Management Counseling, Tool Development, and Implementation. Counseling clients in the development of technology and property rights related thereto under U.S. and foreign patent laws; developing and implementing of various IP asset management tools including
Rights in Data Counseling. Counseling clients with respect to obtaining/maintaining rights to access, collect, archive, sell, or otherwise use data/information for various purposes (Rights in Data generally) that are provided by, collected from, or developed for client customers in various industries, the data/information including
Cyber Counseling. Counseling clients in all aspects of cyber-law, including
Licensing. Counseling clients with respect to licensable assets, identifying potential licensees, negotiating license terms, and drafting complete succinct agreements.
IP Due Diligence Counseling. Counseling clients and providing succinct summaries regarding prudence of various types of contemplated relationships and negotiating positions based on
Representative Patent & Technology Clients.
Rockwell International, Inc., General Electric, Johnson Controls, Inc., Cognex Corp., Case New Holland, Inc., Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Tellaric, Inc., Miller Brewing Company, T.J. Hale, Inc., Jorgensen Conveyors, Inc., University of Michigan, Sigma Services, Inc., MTX Audio, W.H. Brady, Inc., Bridge Technology, Inc., Versatile Products, Inc.
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Patent Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Inter Partes Review Proceedings
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1992)
- Tau Beta Pi
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Marquette University (B.S.E.E., 1989)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Named Best Lawyers' "2012 Milwaukee Patent Law Lawyer of the Year"
- Named Best Lawyers' "2011 Milwaukee Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2007–present: Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent; Patent Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2008–present: Intellectual Property)