Michael Fleck is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He prepares and prosecutes patent applications related to a wide variety of technologies, particularly in the mechanical and electro-mechanical arts. Mr. Fleck also advises clients in matters related to patent infringement, patent validity, and patentability. His experience includes
- Drafting over 70 utility patent applications for mechanical and electro-mechanical arts.
- Prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications through issuance.
- Drafting non-infringement, freedom-to-operate, and invalidity opinions.
- Conducting due diligence investigations for product releases and corporate acquisitions.
- Advising in-house counsel and corporate officers on drafting and prosecution strategy.
Education and Honors
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- DePaul Law Review (Member)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Profession (May 2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Trial Advocacy II (May 2011)
- North Carolina State University (B.S.M.E., magna cum laude, 2007)
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Edition (2015-present: Intellectual Property)
- Law Clerk for Justice Rodolfo Garcia, Illinois Appellate Court, First District, Sixth Division, Chicago, IL (January – May 2011)