Michael Labbee is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He has experience representing clients in Florida's state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate level, in matters involving complex contract claims, business torts, products liability, real estate disputes, and insurance coverage issues.
Additionally, Michael also represents clients in lawsuits involving the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA"). He provides representation on preemption issues, benefits litigation, COBRA litigation, and fiduciary litigation under ERISA.
Michael received his J.D. from Stetson University College of Law with certificate of concentration in advocacy. While attending Stetson, Michael received high grade awards in Trial Advocacy and Products Liability, completed Stetson's Honors Programs, worked as a research assistant for professors Tim Kaye and Jason Bent, and served as a Notes and Comments Editor for the Stetson Law Review. While in law school Michael also interned for the Honorable Pamela A.M. Campbell of Florida's Sixth Judicial Circuit.
Education and Honors
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Stetson Law Review (Notes and Comments Editor)
- International Law Society (Vice President)
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court (Member); Phi Alpha Delta
- High Grade Awards - Trial Advocacy and Products Liability
- University of Central Florida (B.S., 2010)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2014
Professional and Civic Activities
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member)
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Chair of Business Law Section (2015)
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce, Engage Sarasota (2013-2014)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- University Club of Tampa
- The Tampa Connection (Class Member, 2016-2017)
- The University of Tampa Board of Counselors