Michael Roshar practiced in the areas of public finance and general school and municipal law. He advised school districts, cities, counties, villages, towns and special purpose districts on all aspects of municipal finance, including the following:
- School district bond and revenue cap referenda, general election advice, recounts and recalls.
- Authorization and issuance of general obligation bond and notes.
- Authorization, structuring and issuance of revenue obligations.
- Anticipation obligations including tax and revenue anticipation notes.
- Open meeting and public record issues.
- Investments of public funds.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1974)
- Valparaiso University (B.A., 1971)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Associations (Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2012 Milwaukee Public Finance Law Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009-present: Project Finance Law / Public Finance Law)