Michael Weiden is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He practiced in the areas of health/hospital and administrative law, and litigation. His extensive experience includes advising hospitals and physicians with a variety of issues including:
- Integrated delivery systems.
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Reimbursement, financing, and leasing.
- Impaired professional issues, including sexual harassment and other labor relations issues.
- Federal and state fraud and abuse.
- Criminal and civil investigations.
- Theft and disappearance of prescribed substances and property of the institution and patients.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1969)
- Brooklyn College (B.A., 1966)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1975
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member; Chairperson, 1980-1982 and Council Member, 1982-1983, Health Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Association of Hospital Attorneys (Member)
- National Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Commissioner - National Conference of Commissioners Uniform State Laws
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority (Vice-Chair, Board of Directors)
- Boys and Girls Club of Dane County (Member of Executive Committee)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1991-2007: Health Care)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Lecture on "Not-for-Profit Rights and Responsibilities," 2005
- "E.M.T.A.L.A. and Hospital Staffing Obligations," Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative, 2001.
- "Acquiring and Merging Physician Practices," National Business Institute, Health Law Seminar: Legal Implications of Health Care Delivery Systems and Managed Care, 1997
- "Integrated Delivery Systems in the Rural Setting," Law Education Institute, Inc. And The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. 1996 National CLE Conference-Health Law, Washington, D.C
- "Constructing an Integrated Delivery System: Fitting the Pieces Together," State Medical Society of Wisconsin, Quarles & Brady program, 1995
- "The Legal Rules Regulating Endowments - A Brief Introduction of the Wisconsin Uniform Management of Institutional Funds Act," McGladrey & Pullen program, 1995
- "Working With/Building PHOs and MSOs," State Medical Society of Wisconsin, SMSW/Quarles & Brady joint seminar, 1994
- "WiPRO - Third Scope of Review and Quality Review," Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative, Quarles & Brady program 1990
- Co-author, "Proposed Fraud and Abuse Safe Harbors," Hospital Council of Greater Milwaukee, Quarles & Brady program, 1989
- "WiPRO Physician Sanction Process," Sacred Heart Hospital-Eau Claire/St. Francis Medical Center-LaCrosse, Quarles & Brady program, 1988