Moein Khawaja is a member of the firm's Business Law Group. His practice includes mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracting, corporate governance and compliance, and general corporate strategic advice to public and privately held businesses. His recent legal experience includes:
- Due diligence reviews related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising companies in general corporate matters, including governance and contractual obligations.
- Preparing and reviewing complex corporate documents, including formation and joint venture agreements, private placement memoranda, minutes and resolutions, and other commercial agreements.
Moein also participates in Quarles & Brady's pro-bono opportunities. Most recently, he has worked on clemency petitions and various civil rights matters. In addition to his legal training, Moein draws from diverse experiences in advocacy, non-profits, and business, while serving clients who frequently face multi-faceted challenges. During law school, Moein was a judicial extern at the Indiana Court of Appeals and was a summer associate at Quarles & Brady.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Indiana Law Journal (Managing Editor)
- Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- Merit Scholarship; Dean's Honors
- Elmore Entrepreneurship Law Clinic and Non-Profit Legal Clinic (Intern)
- University of Illinois (B.A., 2008)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- American Muslim Civic Leadership Institute (Fellow)